Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Love of a Savior

I am not a shepherd, and I don’t know a whole lot about sheep.  However, I heard a story about a shepherd who noticed that one of his lambs had gone missing.  The animal had been traveling through some pretty rough terrain, and any kind of search for it was going to be exhausting and unlikely to bear fruit.  Nevertheless, this shepherd went back, retracing his steps, calling out for the lost sheep.  As the night drew near, his search hastened… and eventually, he heard a faint cry.  The lamb was paralyzed.  Interestingly, there did not appear to be anything physically wrong with the creature.  Instead, it was fear that had caused the animal to seize up.  The shepherd put the lamb on his shoulders and joyfully made his way back to the rest of the flock.  At that point, the animal slowly started moving again… happily reunited with its flock.
I thought this was a beautiful story, and it reminded me of Christ’s Love for us.  Jesus called himself the Good Shepherd.  He knows each one of us by name, and He is calling out to us.  Today, I hope we can take a little time to reflect on God’s Love.  I pray that you will never be ruled by fear or despair...  Instead, may you always listen for the voice of the one who loves you, and may you know Christ will always carry you home.
Blessings!

Pastor Brian 

No comments:

Post a Comment