Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Sing for Joy!

It has been twenty years since I first joined my high school cross country team, and running has been a big part of my life ever since.  Early on I loved the simplicity of this sport.  I could just throw on a pair of shoes and hit the road, but today things aren’t that easy.  I have to wake up by 5am to beat the heat, and even then it can still be 90 degrees out there.  Next, I have to get our child up, change his clothes, wrestle him in the running stroller, give him an acceptable snack, fill his water bottle, and find him a book that he wants to take along.  Sometimes I feel like half the workout is just getting out the door!

However, I still love running, and I love sharing each of these mornings with my son.  He loves to point out all the rabbits, quail, and ducks along the trail.  He also loves to sing as he rolls along.  For the past few months, his favorite songs have been the ABC’s and Jesus Loves Me, and he doesn’t just softly mumble the words.  He shouts as loud as he can, “JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW…!”  Then he proclaims, “I love this song daddy…”  It’s pretty fun to be a part of!  It also makes me realize that I should spend more time sharing the joy that is on my heart.  What a wonder way to live!

I think every human being needs to believe they are loved.  I also think we need to take time every day to appreciate the love we experience.  It is my hope and prayer that each one of you may open your eyes to the love that is in your life, and may you feel free to share the joy that is on your heart!

Blessings!


Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment