Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Summer Fun

Image result for come ye that are heavy ladenI’ve always loved summer.  As a kid, I thought this season was all about getting away from school, and that certainly was a big part of it!  However, I learned a lot over those vacations.  I had amazing parents and other people in my life who helped me gain a bigger picture of the world.  I went on trips, experienced Bible camps, and I explored new parts of the world around me.  The summer was a time of exploration and adventure, and I will always cherish those moments!

Today, summer is slightly different.  For one, I live in Las Vegas, and it is a lot harder to get outside and enjoy the world when it is 115 degrees out there!  I also have responsibilities at home and at work that simply cannot go away.  However, I still feel summer offers a new perspective.  There is Vacation Bible School at the church, my family and I went on a trip to see relatives in Minnesota, and I am looking forward to some amazing mission trips coming up.  Our lives may change, but I believe there are always opportunities to see the world anew…

In our scripture passage today Jesus says, “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”  I think it is easy to get caught in a world that is so busy we can’t take a break to see all the wonder around us.  Today, I think Jesus is calling us to let go of the anxiety and embrace a childlike enthusiasm for life.  It is my hope and prayer that we would be able to do just that!

Blessings!


Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment