Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Do you have hope?

A few days ago, I met with a woman who asked for a pastoral visit.  She was not a church member, but she really needed help.  Her home was filled with trash, partially eaten food was lying around, and everything in her house seemed to be falling apart.  Anyway, this woman was also mentally ill.  She suffered from depression, anxiety, and a fear of all kinds of evil.  She didn’t believe God, or anyone else, could love her.  I desperately tried to share the Good News with her.  I tried to show her Christ’s love and proclaim God’s message, but it didn’t feel like I was getting through to her.  Instead, everything I said seemed to make her even more depressed… Not exactly a fun way to start the day.  By the time I got back to the church, I was feeling pretty burnt out.

There are times when it’s hard to have hope.  However, I believe God loves each and every one of us.  Even when we give up on God, God does not give up on us.  In our scripture lesson today, Jesus says we all need to share the Good News.  We have to work together, use one another’s gifts, and find ways to share God’s Love.  I need to remember, it’s not just up to me to save someone.  Jesus said we cannot do this all on our own.  It feels hopeless when we try.  We need each other in our walk with Christ.  I hope you can all share God’s Love this week, because this world needs each of you!

Blessings!


PB

No comments:

Post a Comment