Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Blessings of Life

On a normal day, the baby will wake me up between 4:30 and 5:30 am.  Kira does the night feedings, so I wake up early to change his diaper, do some chores around the house, and then I’ll pack him in his stroller for a run.  When I get home, Kira and I are in a rush to eat breakfast, get ready for work, and get the baby set for day care.  Although we have so much to be thankful for, it’s easy for life to turn into one big rat race.  We just rush from one thing to another.

At the end of the day, I usually head over to Hill and Dale to pick the kid up from day care.  Some days are exhausting, but nothing can beat the feeling I have when the baby’s eyes light up to see me.  He gurgles, smiles, squirms, and just recently, he started snorting for joy when I show up. (As a father, nothing makes me prouder than a snorting child!) There may be so many things in life that I ignore or rush through, but I am so grateful to have these moments. 

This week’s scripture passage says:

Jesus took a little child and put it among the disciples; and taking it in his arms, he said to them, ‘Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me’”

Today, I hope you all can find the joy of God’s Kingdom by welcoming others, or by being welcomed yourself.  Life is a blessing.  I hope we can open our eyes and appreciate the gifts of the Kingdom.

Blessings!



PB

Oh, and in case your interested, I attached a video of the baby learning to snort... enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment