Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Learning to Trust

As some of you may know, my wife and I just purchased our first home in Henderson, NV.  We love the area and the house, and we know we are blessed in so many ways.  However, there are also times when we feel like we are getting in a little over our heads.  Before we moved, it seemed like we were always busy.  We got home, we ate dinner, and we went to bed… not much time for anything else.  Now, after the move, things have gotten even busier.  We have to find time to set everything up in the new house, fix the leaky toilets, replace the water heater, and who knows what else.  I feel like I’m at Home Depot all the time, but I’m not catching up on anything.  It makes me wonder what we’re going to do when we have the baby!  How in the world do people have time for any of this?  People tell us these years before having kids are pretty carefree.  Then, when we have a kid, we will know the meaning of crazy!  Which leaves me wondering, “How will this ever work?!?”

Where I spend much of my free time these days...
I had a friend tell me recently that I can’t spend my time worrying how life is going to work out.  When the time comes, “You just make it work…”  This doesn’t mean it will all be easy. (It won’t be!) However, you have to have faith… You have to trust that God is there… This week we are talking about trusting in the Lord, and for me, that is not easy.  I like to have things planned out, and I like to know what’s coming next.  However, no matter what age or stage of life you are in – you never know what will happen.  It’s my prayer that we could all learn to trust in God, and believe that God is doing something Great! 


Blessings!


PB

2 comments:

  1. I want to thank you and praise your message. It resonates so strong, step by step for my husband and I right now in our lives. I have a perfectionistic and obsessive personality. I too like to have every thing planned so I know what's coming next. However our Heavenly Father has placed us on a journey that we must face together in our faith and love in Him. Many years ago my husband John contracted Hepatitis C. We prayed and stood on faith our Father would heal it, and Praise God he did. However it took its toll. He now has Cirrohsis of the Liver with a tumor growing on it. He has been placed on the National Liver Transplant list. We are now praying he will receive one in time. In the mean time his Doctor has placed him on chemo therapy to prevent the cancer from spreading. Needless to say it is making him very ill. Up until this time God has blessed him with being able to work full time. As sick as the chemo makes him, I don't see how he can continue to work and I'm on disability. Either way with or with out the chemo...with or with out a new liver his life as we know it is in jeopardy. We both have our strong Christian beliefs and refuse to give up! We are stand firm in our faith and love in God and the Lord Jesus Christ. Thru them all things are possible especially those that are not of this world. We are reaching out to all of the Christian community asking everyone to keep us in your prayers. We know there is nothing like the power of prayer! Should the Lord lead your hearts, we would humbily ask that the Christian community visit our website where you can learn more about John. As you can imagine his health expense are out of this world. But make no mistake your prayers come first and fore most. We encourage every one to keep your eye on the Lord, our heavenly Father...no matter how small or how big your problems are. Hold firm to your faith for it will take you to the grand prize that our Father has blessedly promised each and every one of us. May God bless each and everyone of you in Jesus name I pray, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add our website, it is: www.gofundme.com/cz4y7k

    ReplyDelete