Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Spirit of the Reformation

So, this past week has been a blast!  My parents came down from Minnesota, and we've been trying to pack as much into this week as possible.  Kira and I are still pretty busy with work, but we've had time to check out the city, go for a couple hikes, and just laugh and spend time with one another.    

Seeing my parents also made me think about my life’s journey.  Have you ever looked at your life and wondered, “How did I get here?” Personally, I never could have guessed or imagined that I would wind up as a Pastor in Las Vegas!  First of all, I never dreamed I would become a pastor.  Second, I’m from a small rural Minnesota town… How did I wind up out here in the desert? However, small opportunities in my life led to something that I would never change.  I love where I am at.  I love where I came from, and I can’t wait to see where I am going…

God's Spirit is making something new!
Have you ever taken time to look at your life’s journey?  Are there people or events that drastically changed the way you live your life?  This week we are celebrating Reformation Day.  This is a wonderful celebration in the church where we celebrate the work of the Holy Spirit.  Whatever happens in life, we are called to remember God is here, and God is moving in this world!  Sometimes life is difficult, but I believe God is making something new… I believe God can create new life in ways that we can’t possibly imagine.  I pray this week that we may all be open to the Holy Spirit’s work in all that we do!


Blessings!


Brian   

1 comment:

  1. I have also had the same pause of thought, "How did I end up here at this time and place?" We found CLC through a Godwink and we hope to really explore our faith here as we never took the time to do before, hopefully finding great new opportunities as a couple and as individuals, along with you & Kira. Mark sure did enjoy the class you led, and looks forward to it continuing at some point. A couples' faith class or Bible study would be cool, too. As for life in general, if anyone had told me 10 years, 5 years, or even 2 years ago we'd be in Vegas... I would never have believed it. New place, new outlook, new (first) house, new church, hopefully many new friends, and a new relationship with faith is next on our agenda ; )

    ReplyDelete